Terms & Conditions
- Search Your Deal (PTY) Ltd is an e-commerce retailer which offers premium branded products to the end user. This website can be accessed at https://searchyourdeal.co.za and http://www.searchyourdeal.co.za and is owned and operated by Search Your Deal (PTY) Ltd (“Search Your Deal (PTY) Ltd”, “we”, “us” and “our”). The Search Your Deal (PTY) Ltd website enables you to shop online for a selection of exquisite premium brands and products designed for your home and living pleasure.
The following terms and conditions govern the ordering, sale and delivery of goods, and then use of the Search Your Deal (PTY) Ltd website.
These terms apply to the exclusion of all other terms and conditions, including any amended terms and conditions which are available on the Search Your Deal (PTY) Ltd website. These terms can only be amended if they are written down and signed by an authorised representative of Search Your Deal (PTY) Ltd and may be amended from time to time.
Purchase OrdersBy submitting a purchase order for any goods, you acknowledge that you have received and accepted these Terms and Conditions.
The range of products available for purchase from Search Your Deal (PTY) Ltd can be viewed on the Search Your Deal (PTY) Ltd website, at https://searchyourdeal.co.za and http://www.searchyourdeal.co.za.
- As a customer, you will pay the purchase price for each product set out in the search your deal (PTY) Ltd website.
Your purchase order process will depend on whether you use a credit card or electronic fund transfer (EFT) to pay for your purchase.
The purchase order process for an electronic fund transfer (EFT) customer is as set out hereunder:Submit an email showing proof of transfer to Search Your Deal (PTY) Ltd.Email proof of bank transfer and purchase order number to (email@example.com)
Kindly submit contact person details, email address and the contact number for your order.
search your deal will process your order request only once the due amount reflects in the Search Your Deal (PTY) Ltd bank account.
If You are a credit card customer:We will process your order and send to you an order acknowledgement.
We will process your order for dispatch and delivery.
Please note that Search Your Deal (PTY) Ltd prides itself on customer security and we will not process your order if there is suspicion of fraud. This may result in a delay until the matter is resolved.
2.6. eBook Purchase Orders
2.6.1 An “eBook” is an electronic book that can be accessed and read on your PC or Mac computer using Adobe Reader. Your access to any eBook purchased by you from Search Your Deal (PTY) Ltd will be granted via a link.
2.6.2. You will not be able to read eBooks on devices that do not support the Adobe Reader application, therefore you will need check your device before purchasing an eBook. It is also important to note that eBooks will only be able to be read on devices that are associated with your profile in the relevant Adobe Reader Application. You will only be able to read the eBook on the device onto which it was first downloaded unless you have registered Adobe Reader with multiple devices. An internet connection is required when you download an eBook and open it for the first time. Thereafter you will not need to be connected to the internet, on condition the eBook is opened from the device on which you first downloaded and opened the eBook.
2.6.2. When ordering an eBook from Search Your Deal (PTY) Ltd, you will be ordering the right to download the specific eBook from the publisher. Once Search Your Deal (PTY) Ltd accepts your order, we will obtain your link to the relevant eBook from the relevant eBook publisher and deliver the link to you via the email address provided upon purchase.
2.6.3. In the attempt to limit the risk of fraud, our eBook publishers limit the number of times the link can be clicked before access to the link is blocked.
2.6.4. Note that the link will not appear if you have removed it and Search Your Deal (PTY) Ltd can assume any responsibility thereof.
2.6.5. Search Your Deal (PTY) Ltd does not guarantee that the eBook publishers will make their eBooks available for download indefinitely and Search Your Deal (PTY) Ltd accepts no responsibility or liability to you or any other person if the relevant eBook publisher no longer has the eBook available for download. If discovered, please report the problem within 6 months of your receipt of the purchase and you will be entitled to a full refund of the purchase price paid thereof.
2.6.6. We do not charge any delivery fees for electronic delivery of the relevant eBook links, however, you may incur costs (eg internet service provider fees) associated with downloading the eBook, and we will not under any circumstances be liable for any such costs incurred to you.
2.6.7. The Link will contain your unique reference number as allocated by the publisher of the eBook. By clicking on the Link, a small locator file, unique to you, will be downloaded and will give you access to the eBook.
2.6.8. The locator file required in order to access the eBooks will only be downloaded if the device you are using to click the link is already associated with the relevant Reader Application.
2.6.9. If you have any problems relating to the functionality of your link, please immediately report to us so that we can assist you in resolving the problem.
2.6.10. Returns of eBooks: Please refer to our Refunds Policy.
2.6.11. Illegal use of eBooks: All eBooks are the exclusive property of the publisher or its licensors and are protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws. The download of eBooks is intended for your personal and non-commercial use. Any other use of eBooks purchased from us is strictly prohibited. You may not modify, publish, participate in the transfer, reproduce, distribute, perform, display, or in any way exploit, any of the content of eBooks, in whole or in part, and more specifically, you will not print, copy, or share eBooks to any other person.
You may also not do anything which otherwise contravenes any licence conditions imposed by the publisher.
2.6.12. By downloading any eBook, you hereby acknowledge and agree to these Terms and Conditions. You hereby indemnify Search Your Deal (PTY) Ltd from any and all loss, damage, or expense it may suffer or from claims which may be made by third parties against Search Your Deal (PTY) Ltd which arise from or in relation to you having participated in any Illegal Activities in relation to any eBook sold by Search Your Deal (PTY) Ltd.
Purchase Order Cancellation
Once your purchase order has been processed and we have sent you an order acknowledgement, we cannot accept any cancellations. Please refer to Delivery, Exchanges and Returns Policy.
DeliveryPlease refer to Delivery, Exchanges and Returns Policy.
Exchanges, Returns and RefundsPlease refer to Delivery, Exchanges and Returns Policy.
Media and Marketing contentPictures and videos are for illustrative purposes and may differ to the actual product from time to time. Pictures and videos may include accessories, hardware and additional items – these are merely used for promotional or educational purposes and may not be included in your primary purchase.
Product PolicyAll product specifications and data are subject to change without notice to improve functionality, design or otherwise. These changes are decided on and enforced by the manufacturer and not by search your deal. (PTY) Ltd.
All product warranties are held by the manufacturer – please refer to the Delivery, Exchanges and Returns Policy.
7.3. The manufacturer or supplier remains responsible for the quality standards and accreditations for all items sold on their behalf by Search Your Deal (PTY) Ltd.
PaymentYour method of payment depends on whether you choose the credit card or electronic fund transfer payment method.
If you are an electronic fund transfer (EFT) customer your order will only be processed for dispatch and delivery once we have confirmed that your full payment has been received.
If you are a credit card customer, your order will be processed as soon as the transaction is completed.
If you have any queries or concerns regarding your order, you may contact the Customer Services Department of Search Your Deal (PTY) Ltd as set out on https://searchyourdeal.co.za and http://www.searchyourdeal.co.za. Search Your Deal (PTY) Ltd reserves itself its right, after due notice to its user or customer to revise, alter and or amend the terms and conditions herein.
8. Errors and Omissions Excepted
Mobicred Terms & Conditions
1.1. “Act” – means the National Credit Act, No 34 of 2005 and all regulations promulgated in terms of the Act;
1.2. “Agreement” – means the agreement between you and us for a credit facility comprising of your application, the electronic Pre-Agreement Quotation and Statement , together with the electronic terms and conditions, all accepted by you electronically;
1.3. “Credit Provider” or “us” or “we” or “our” – means mobicred (Pty) Ltd, Reg. No. 2012/163391/07 and Registered Credit Provider NCRCP 6523. Domicilium Address -14th Floor, 1 Thibault Square, Long Street, Cape Town, South Africa, 8000;
1.4. “Interest Rate” – means the rate at which interest is calculated on the balance of the Principal Debt as provided for in the Act and specified in the Agreement;
1.5. “Principal Debt” – means the amount that is deferred and on which interest is calculated. It is made up of the total amount outstanding in terms of your credit facility, together with any other costs, including interest charges which are added when they become payable;
1.6. “Retailer” – means the participating retailer who offers goods or services online to users and who has entered into an agreement with us in terms of clause 2.1. 1.7. “You” or “Your” – means the person who enters into the Agreement with us.
2.1. We have contracted with selected participating Retailers to offer credit facilities to their customers or users of their websites who wish to purchase goods or services online.
2.2. By entering into an Agreement with us for a credit facility, you authorise and instruct us to effect payment to the particular Retailer whose products or services you are purchasing online, at all times subject to the terms of the Agreement up to the maximum facility available to you in terms of your Agreement with us.
Application and Agreement
3.1 You may apply for a credit facility with us.
3.2 We have no obligation to approve your application.
3.3 Your application is subject to our internal credit and affordability approval criteria and to the conditions for granting credit as set out in the Act. We have the discretion to decline your application at any time and to determine the available credit facility, applying our internal criteria in accordance with the requirements of the Act.
3.4 Your application will be considered based on the information that you provide to us. All information must be truthful, accurate, correct and complete.
3.5 You must be at least eighteen years old and have the required legal capacity to enter into and be bound by the Agreement. We may require proof of your age and identification. 3.6 The pre-agreement statement and quotation (“the pre-agreement”) will be provided to you electronically during on-line application and in accordance with the Act. You will need to accept the pre-agreement electronically. We will also provide the terms and conditions electronically to you. Once you have accepted the pre-agreement and terms electronically and entered into the Agreement with us, an electronic copy of the Agreement will also be delivered to you by e-mail.
3.7 Once you credit application is approved, the maximum credit facility for which you qualify will be made available to you to purchase from participating Retailers. Please note that Retailers will not proceed to deliver goods until a positive bank account verification has been received. Please ensure that you provide correct banking details to us.
3.8 We will determine your maximum credit limit in accordance with the criteria specified in clause 3.3 above. We will increase this limit on your request or with your consent, provided that the requirements of the Act will be met.
Agreement with Retailer
4.1 After you have entered into the Agreement with us, you will be able to purchase goods and services from participating Retailers online.
4.2 Please note that we are not a party to the agreement between you and the Retailer and as such you will have no recourse against us relating to the agreement for the supply of the goods or services or any dispute about the goods or services or any refunds or returns. Fees and charges The following fees and charges may be charged provided that the amounts do not exceed the maximum amount allowed by the Act: 5.1
5.1.1 Subject to clause 5.1.2, we will charge interest at the rate specified in the pre-agreement quotation.
5.1.2 A variable interest rate will apply. This means that the interest rate applicable to the Agreement will vary from time to time in accordance with the changes to the applicable reference rate. We will give notice of a change in the interest rate.
5.1.3 Interest shall be calculated and accrued daily on the outstanding facility balance, and be capitalised and billed monthly as at statement date.
5.2 Initiation Fee – a once-off fee may be charged as provided for in the Act and specified in the pre-agreement;
5.3 Service Fee – a monthly fee will be charged at statement date for the routine administration costs of your account as specified in the pre-agreement;
5.4 Default Administration Charges and collection costs – to cover all default administration and collections costs (including correspondence fees, collections commissions and costs and legal costs) if you default on your monthly instalment obligations in terms of the Agreement.
6.1 We will send your statement to your email address provided in your application. The frequency of statements will be at our discretion provided that we will send statements at least every three months.
6.2 Your statement will show all transactions relating to your account for the period since your last statement, the outstanding balance and the minimum repayment owing.
6.3 Not receiving a statement does not relieve you from your obligation to pay the amount outstanding by the specified due date. If you have not received a statement please contact us immediately to find out the amount owing and the date by which this amount is due.
6.4 In the event of any query or dispute regarding your statement please contact us on 021 126 0700.
Address for notice
7.1 The residential address that you provide to us when you enter into the Agreement is the address which you choose as your Domicilium Citandi et executandi, meaning the address that we will use to send all default or legal notices to you or serve any court documentation on you.
7.2 You can only choose an address within South Africa for purposes of clause 7.1.
7.3 You must inform us in writing if there is a change to any address or to any of your other contact details.
Payment, Settlement & Termination
8.1 You must pay the minimum instalment owing by the due date as shown on your statement, by way of a monthly debit order to which you agreed at the time that you entered into the Agreement.
8.2 You can pre-pay any amount owing at any time.
8.3 By entering into the Agreement, you agree that we will debit your bank account (debit order) for your monthly instalments as well as any other amounts you have outstanding. 8.4 You agree that we may track your bank account and re-present the payment instruction when you have sufficient funds available in the event that you do not have sufficient funds available at the debit order date.
8.5 You may not cancel your debit order instruction until the full amount due in terms of the Agreement has been settled.
8.6 You may not close your bank account until the full amount due in terms of the Agreement has been settled, unless you provide us with details of another bank account from where we can raise the debit order.
8.7 You are entitled to settle the full outstanding balance without providing any notice to us. The settlement amount is defined as the unpaid balance of the principal debt plus the unpaid interest and all other fees & charges owing to us up until the settlement date.
8.8 You are entitled to terminate the Agreement at any time by settling your full outstanding balance owing to us.
9.1 If you:
9.1.1 default in the repayment of any instalment or other amount due in terms of the Agreement;
9.1.2 are in breach of any other term of the Agreement; or
9.1.3 are sequestrated; we will notify you of the breach in writing and we may suspend your credit facility. All amounts owing will become due and payable immediately. If you settle the default amount, your facility will be enacted again unless we have started legal proceedings against you for the full amount due and payable.
9.2 We may propose that the Agreement be referred to a debt counsellor, alternative dispute resolution agent, consumer court or ombud with jurisdiction, with the view of resolving any dispute or agreeing on a plan to bring payments up to date.
9.3 We will start legal proceedings only after 20 days since you have been in default, and only after 10 days have lapsed since we sent a default letter or notice to you to which you did not respond or which proposal you rejected (the 20 day and 10 day periods may run concurrently).
Consumer Credit Information
10.1 By entering into this Agreement you consent to and agree that we may conduct enquiries or share information about you and the application as follows:
10.2 Submit and receive information to and from third parties to verify information provided in your application;
10.3 Submit and receive information to and from third parties that we deem necessary to process and consider your application.
10.4 Submit information provided by you in your credit application and Agreement to the credit bureaux;
10.4.1 If required, enquire and verify information from the bureaux when assessing your credit application or credit worthiness at any time of the duration of the Agreement; 10.4.2 Obtain credit bureaux information which reflects your credit worthiness, such as a credit payment profile and a credit score;
10.4.3 Submit information on the conduct of your account to the credit bureaux without prior notice;
10.4.4 Submit details of adverse information as defined by the NCA. You will have at least 20 (twenty) days business days’ notice thereof.
10.5 You may contact the bureaux at any time to have your credit record disclosed and to request that any incorrect information be corrected. The name(s) and contact details of the credit bureaux will be made available to you upon request.
10.6 We may provide information on the conduct of your account to the South African Fraud Prevention Services (SAFPS) that gives reasonable cause to suspect that the account is used improperly. The SAFPS can make this information available to other members of the SAFPS.
Complaints and Debt Counselling
11.1 You may refer a complaint regarding the Agreement to an alternative dispute resolution agent, consumer court or the National Credit Regulator.
11.2 Details of the National Credit Regulator: Tel: 011 554 2600 or 0860 627 627 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
11.3 You confirm and agree that at the time of making an application for a credit facility, you were not under debt review by a Debt Counsellor as provided for in section 86 of the Act.
11.4 You have the right to apply to a debt counsellor to be declared over indebted.
11.5 You may at any time consult a Debt Counsellor to assist you the processes as set out in the Act.
12.1 You have the right to be excluded from (i) telemarketing campaigns by or on behalf of the credit provider; (ii) customer or marketing lists that may be sold by the credit provider; (iii) mass email or sms marketing distribution.
12.2 Terms and conditions are subject to change at any time without any permission required, at all times subject to the Act. We will inform you of any changes made as well as the date from when these changes are to apply.
12.3 The Agreement will be interpreted and governed by the laws of South Africa.
Terms and Conditions applicable to Installation of Openview HD and/or Multichoice DSTV Products
TERMS, CONDITIONS & DISCLAIMER
1. This voucher includes the Call-Out Fee of R500(or rate at time using the voucher) , the first One Hour Labour Fee of R500(or rate at time using the voucher) and may include certain materials required to complete the installation. Please ensure that you verify with the Sales Person who sold you this voucher what the free materials are which are included in this voucher. 2.If the installation takes longer than One Hour then the Customer agrees to pay for additional time which is billable at R250 per 30minutes(or rate at time using the voucher as communicated at booking the installation) after the Free One Hour included in this voucher. 3. The Customer is responsible for payment of materials required to complete the installation which are not provided as part of the Free Materials Included in this voucher. 4. All materials used remain the property of SOS Lifestyle AV until such time that the materials are fully paid for by the Customer, this excludes the Free Material Included in this voucher. Details of free and additional material will be confirmed by the installer before the installation commences. 5. This voucher cannot be exchanged for cash, sold or transferred to another person. 6. This voucher is valid for 90 days from date of purchase. Please retain proof of purchase either for this voucher or for the product you purchased which was bundled with this voucher. This voucher cannot be replaced if lost & therefore cannot be redeemed via proof of purchase. This voucher must be presented to the Installer on-site before the installation commences. Failure to produce this voucher will result in the cancellation of the installation. 7. We will do all that we reasonably can to meet the date agreed for installation. However, in the case of unforeseen circumstances beyond our reasonable control we may not be able to do so. In such circumstances we will contact you to agree on an alternative date. The Customer will also do that entire he/she reasonably can to enable the installation to take place on the given date. In the case of unforeseen circumstances beyond the Customers reasonable control the Customer should contact us to agree on an alternative date. 8. We will carry out any installation work for which this voucher was advertised for and/or sold to the customer. If additional work is found to be necessary during the course of the installation, such work will be quoted for separately and only carried out with the Customers permission. 9. It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure that, concealed water pipes and electricity wires are identified to the installer before installation commences. In the event of any concealed water pipes or electricity wires being damaged during the installation process; if the installer was notified of the concealed water pipes or electricity wires then SOS Lifestyle AV or the installer(company) will be responsible for the repair of the damage thereof however if the installer was not notified of the concealed water pipes or electricity wire then SOS Lifestyle AV or the installer(company) cannot be held responsible for the repair of the damages thereof. 10. We will use reasonable endeavors to keep disruption to water, gas and electricity supplies to a minimum. 11. It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure that, prior to the installation works starting, all furniture is removed from the area of the installation and any carpet in the installation area is rolled back. 12. All installation work carries 3 months warranty on labour & material has a 1 Year Limited Warranty from date of installation provided that the installation has not been tampered with during the period of the warranty other than by an accredited SOS Lifestyle AV Installer. 13. This warranty shall not cover any damages caused by any person or damage caused by lightning or natural force or element, animals, birds, insects, plants or trees. 14. Workmanship is solely the responsibility of SOS Lifestyle AV or the company installing and no way liable to any chain store purchased from.
BEFORE WE INSTALL PLEASE CHECK THE FOLLOWING
1. You are at home (or another adult over 18) is at home at the time we’ve agreed to install. Your Installation voucher is at home on the installation date. 2. Check that you have all the parts, screws and other bits and pieces for the products you require us to install and or setup for you. 3. Have all the necessary accessories and cables. 4. If you are a new Multichoice DSTV subscriber, please ensure that you call SOS Lifestyle AV or Multichoice call Centre to open your account with Multichoice DSTV. This will save time when the Installers are at your home and will therefore relate to saving on possible extra labour cost. 5. You have an existing internet connection and it is working (for services requiring internet connection). 6. You have a network point or wireless network available for the product you require us to connect to the internet.
THE DAY WE INSTALL FOR YOU, WE WILL
1. Have a chat with you about how you’d like your new products installed and/or setup and offer some advice if you need it. 2. Unpack your product take the packing away for recycling (no need to fill up your recycling bin). 3. Connect all your devices together then tidy and run the cables in conduit if you have requested for this to the installer prior to installation. 4. Demonstrate the main features of your new products we have installed and or setup for you.
WHAT ISN’T COVERED
– We want to make sure you know what isn’t covered by our installation service so there are no surprises when we install for you at home:
1. Distance over 25km radius. 2.Any special bracket which might be needed to complete the installation. 3. We won’t personalize or optimize picture quality unless otherwise you have requested for this service when you book your installation. This service usually takes 1 Hour. 4. We can’t connect your TV or other equipment to your home computer network – you will need to purchase our Set-up Voucher for this installation and we will send out a specialist team for this. 5. We will not start an installation unless you sign and agree to the terms and conditions at the back of the voucher. 6. We will not start an installation unless you sign and agree with the possible extra cost which is estimated before the installation. 7. We do not setup your home theatre or equipment if you have not requested this on booking, or logged an additional voucher before booking the installation time, or agreed cost of this service on site by the installer. 8. We endeavour to provide installation nationwide however due to the current cost of fuel additional surcharges may apply from the various contractors assigned to provide installations in remote or outlying areas. Should this be the case, the customer will be advised of additional charges prior to the parcel being despatched at which the customer can opt in and agree to the additioonal charges ord cancel the transaction and obtain a refund.
WE CAN’T REFUND THIS SERVICE IF
1. You haven’t completed the necessary pre-installation preparations above. 2. Additional work is required to complete the installation which we cannot provide for whatever reason. 3. Your voucher is lost or stolen. 4. You cancel the installation after our installation team has assessed your home and you cancel because of possible additional costs. 5. Or you are not willing to pay additional costs travelling for exceeding 25km radius from store purchased which this voucher covers.